How Can I Keep the Outside Heat from Increasing the Temperature of My Home?
As the temperature is beginning to rise, you may be starting to grow concerned about how you’re going to keep your home cool this summer. The demand placed on your HVAC system to maintain a stable temperature in Florida is jarring and if you have drafty windows it can be near impossible. Thankfully, there are a few DIY tips that you can utilize to keep the temperatures down before upgrading your windows. For example:
- Keeping your blinds closed will actually allow less heat into your home
- Closing off unused rooms will prevent cool air from entering those areas and keep the cool where you want it
- Switch your sheets to a lighter material so that it breathes easier and gives off less heat
- Set your ceiling fan to rotate counter-clockwise to create a wind-chill breeze effect
Locally Manufactured Energy-Efficient Windows
If you’re genuinely concerned about increasing temperatures inside your home consider turning to the experts at NewSouth Window Solutions to replace your old, drafty, windows with ENERGY STAR® certified replacement windows. The windows at NewSouth Window Solutions are made with a variety of state-of-the-art features to reduce the amount of heat transfer into and out of your home, including:
- Low-emissivity glass
- Heavy duty reinforced vinyl construction
- Warm edge spacer systems
- Dual weather stripping
- And more
This year instead of seeking out ways to reduce the temperature of your home by yourself, allow the seasoned experts at NewSouth to create a truly energy-efficient solution for your home. We are a locally-owned and –operated company which allows us to have a unique understanding of what is expected out of a Florida window and we’d be happy to provide you with our top-tier replacement windows. Contact us today to learn more!