Green Visionary Scholarship
NewSouth Window is awarding one lucky student a $1,000 scholarship. Please review the qualifications and deadlines below and apply!
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Full-time, U.S. undergraduate seeking a degree in marketing, business management, sales or related field.
- Must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA and provide a copy of their school transcript.
- Submit an original 1,000 – 1,500 word essay entitled “Green Visionary Scholarship.” The paper must be signed with the student’s full name and .edu email address.
The student must answer the following essay prompt:
NewSouth Window is dedicated to manufacturing and installing the most energy-efficient windows and doors for our customers, helping contribute to a healthier planet. It’s our mission to create a world where houses are built around products crafted with energy efficient materials that have a natural ability to both withstand inclement weather and prevent heat transfer. Fortunately, we’re not alone in this mission, and it’s possible to find these types of products for nearly every part of a home. With the rise in “green” construction at the forefront of our industry, what do you believe is the next innovative, energy-saving approach to home building or visionary product that will make construction more sustainable?
How to Apply
Fill out this form.
Mail the form, your official transcript, and essay to:
Attn: Lauren Nieves
10741 Crossroads Commerce Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33610
Essay must be postmarked by June 1st, annually.
Disbursement awarded by July 1st, annually.
Terms and Conditions (NewSouthWindow.com)
- The Green Visionary Scholarship award will be submitted to the financial aid office that corresponds the student’s primary .edu email address.
- The essays submitted will be judged by NewSouth Window scholarship team based on creativity and writing ability.
- Once the winner is chosen, the student may be asked to provide personal identification information to confirm enrollment.
- NewSouth Window will withhold the award if the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement.
- In the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude, NewSouth Window reserves the right to withhold disbursement.
- NewSouth Window employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Green Visionary Scholar
Michael Boland is a sophomore at Daemen College studying to become a physician assistant. His anticipated graduation is in 2024. Michael is determined to find ways to develop infrastructure that does not jeopardize the fundamental integrity of the environment.
Click here to read Michael’s essay on bioconcrete technology.
2019 Green Visionary Scholar
Nathan Barlow is a senior at Columbia University in New York City. He expects to graduate with a history major in May 2020. After graduation, he plans to start his professional life in the workforce, ideally in the real estate technology field. Nathan is passionate about green construction solutions that encourage the virtues of frugality and care for our local environments. In particular, he is excited by the prospect of internet-of-things technologies that promote smarter energy use in commercial and industrial buildings.
Click here to read Nathan’s essay on photovoltaic pavement technology.
2018 Green Visionary Scholar
Samuel Deadrick is a senior at ASU studying Mechanical Engineering. His anticipated graduation is in the Spring of 2019. After graduation, he hopes to pursue a Masters degree and use his undergraduate education to develop energy-efficient technology. Samuel is determined to lead the charge against threats to our environment through the development of environmentally conscious private and public technologies in fields such as plumbing, electricity, and transportation.
Click here to read Samuel’s essay on IoT.
2017 Green Visionary Scholar
Marisol Melendez graduated from Broward College in May 2018 with her Associate of Science in Building Construction Technology. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a Bachelors in Construction Management.
Click here to read Marisol’s essay on green revolution.